Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TWD : Cornmeal Shortbread Cookies


I was hoping to win the Spreader title at the (sad) end of our Tuesday with Dorie Mission, but with these soo good shortbread cookies chosen by Valerie I' m afraid I won't be alone. I was blaming Italian butter, cookies not cold enough or just a personal gift I had, but with these babies I was not the only one to get The Spread !
Well, Spread or not I loved them. Crunchy as they were (actually are but I hid them) and with the lime hint Valerie suggested in the P &Q I absolutely loved them !
Please visit Valerie for the recipe and much more and the LYL for more cookies.


11 comments:

Tia said...

they look great! crunch and golden.
Buttercreambarbie

Valerie Gamine said...

Your cookies are adorable, Natalia! They did tend to spread, you're not alone on that. :D
Thanks for baking with me this week!

Cakelaw said...

Nope, you definitely weren't the only one with "the spread". Your cookies look gorgeous in any event - great job.

Mary said...

Spread or no, these are delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ciao Natalia! Your cookies look delicious. I'm happy that you have had more time to bake and blog lately!

Laura said...

E' l'ultima ricetta? Devi trovare un'altra autrice come Dorie!

Ho appena fatto anch'io dei shorbread con il mais, buonissimi!

Criollobylisa said...

I think that the end cuts tended to spread more than the middle guys. They just got warmer, faster. Yours look great!

Maria♥ said...

Natalia, those shortbread cookies look wonderful!

Maria
x

Hindy said...

Your cookies look delicious!

Mary said...

They look sunny and perfect! You're right--many people had problems with them spreading. That garlic bread above sounds amazing too!

TeaLady said...

These are the best shortbreads EVER because of the cornmeal crunch.

Despite what you say, they look perfect.