Friday, January 1, 2010

BBA Slow and Steady :Focaccia


Hi , and happy new year everybody ! I've read in many blogs about commitments for the new year but I'm not so good in keeping them so I almost repeat the same ones over and over and the first one is: not to procrastinate ! This is the last time (???) , at least I hope, I'm so late baking with the Bread Baker's Apprentice's group . We are baking the whole book by Peter Reinhart in alphabetical order and now it was Focaccia's turn, being born in Roma I would call what I ended up with : Pizza Bianca.
Pizza Bianca (obviously as a pose to Pizza Rossa) is a wonderful creation of the romans bakers and most of us brought it to school for midday snack (no peanut butter and jelly around here). In most bakeries you can ask to halve it and fill it : mortadella is the top choice !
Well you might have understood I was glad of the results I got, and the recipe was not hard at all ! You must start the evening before but that's it ! I made it with sourdough but I want to try it even with yeast next time.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Natalia!

Your focaccia looks delicious. I'm not in the group, but I made this recipe too and I loved it!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I'm planning to make pizza bianca tomorrow. Hope it turns out as great as yours.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

It looks gorgeous! I love focaccia!

Best wishes for 2010!

Cheers,

Rosa

lilmizlynn said...

Happy New Year Natalia! Hope 2010 be a wonderful year.
... and that looks good!! I love focaccia..

Jennifer said...

I've only made foccacia once and well, it did not turn out like yours!

Your foccacia is beautiful! Happy New Year, my friend!!!!

Ivy said...

Hope the New Year brings you and your family health, prosperity and happiness and lots of more delicious recipes to post.

Isabelle said...

Your focaccia looks delicious!

Wishing you all the best for 2010 Natalia!

Leslie said...

Ah, Natalia, you're making me miss Roma! Your pizza bianca looks fabulous, and now I want to make this again (and again) once I get a sourdough starter umm, started.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I love focaccia Natalia! Yours looks just about perfect and full of holes just like I like it! Where's the olive oil so I can dip it ;)?

Kayte said...

Making it ith sourdough sounds very intriguing to me! It looks so yummy...acres and acres of dimpled bread, very nice!