Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWD Thanksgiving Twofer Pie



We are getting into holydays and the first to be baked is Twofer Pie ! The recipe was chosen by Vibi of La Casserole Carree and what could be more appropriate than this one! Few weeks ago getting ready for it I asked my dear husband to buy some pecans (and dried cranberries, you never know!) in a special drugstore near his work. I didn't have problems with the recipe, maybe I didn't have enough crust to make some decorations but I had read on the Q&A section of Tuesdays with Dorie that more than one of us had to much filling so I decided to roll what was supposed to become a 9 inch crust in an 11 inch pan and that was it (I made more neighbours happy). Please check the wonderful results on TWD blogroll and don't worry if you don't see them on tuesday as we are allowed a late (for Thanksgiving) posting.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your twofer looks good. I liked this pie.

Engineer Baker said...

Good idea to use a larger pie pan - it sounds like quite a few people had overflow. And more to share is a wonderful thing :) Nice twofer!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Ma che torta carina! And it's allways good to make our neighbours happy, isn't it?!

vibi said...

What a nice to do but to share your Twofer with your neighbours, Natalia!
BRAVA!
Thank you so much for participating with me this week, your pie looks great!

Ivy said...

The twofer pie looks delicious and pity we are not neighbours.

Anonymous said...

Ciao Natalia,
Se passi da me, ho una sorpresa per te.
A presto

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks tasty to me! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I'll totally be your neighbor! Yum!

Peggy said...

Yours looks fabulous as always! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and many blessings to you. Be safe if you travel.

Rosie said...

Your twofer looks delicious any chance of moving next door to me?? Giggle... I could be your official taster :)

Rosie x

Marthe said...

Your twofer looks great, I'll be baking/making this tomorrow!! And the pepernoten will follow soon....

kimberly salem said...

It looks delicious! Your neighbors must have been very happy:)

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Great job - finding the ingredients and baking such a pretty pie! Lucky neighbors.
Nancy