Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TWD : White Chocolate Brownies


This was our very sweet Dutch friend Marthe's week, she chose this recipe because the sound of it it's fantastic but I'm sure she didn't imagine all the trouble we all went through !
I'm joking no big deal, it's only baking but we all dream of getting near perfection and this time it was harder.


There were several problems: the biggest one was cooking time the others being not trusting the double turn of the meringue, rasperry sinking, too sweet, no chocolate and (mine only) my cat right now sitting exactly in front of the monitor!
My luck was that I'm very pressed for work in these days so I've just finished my brownies/blondies/whity and took advantage of all my fellow friend's advise.


I processed my almonds with the sugar until very fine like Nancy and Mary suggested in the P&Q section of our site.
I did beat the eggs like crazy as Clivia suggested.
I didn't even dream of tilting my brownies like many of us.
I topped them with the meringue after a while that the base was cooking, and used muffin and mini muffin pans like our gracious host Marthe did.
I made half recipe like many others.
I diminished the sugar because I don't like sweets too sweet.


Even with all these issues I really did enjoy these brownies, that do not even take too long to prepare, and have a very fancy face !
Please visit Marthe at Culinary Delights for the recipe.
BEDANKT MARTHE !!!


24 comments:

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Delcious chocolate brownies, the look sweet and barely look like ud have trouble with them!!!
Super day to u!!

Elizabeth said...

great idea to use the muffin cups! These look super cute!

The Blonde Duck said...

Finally, a brownie I can eat!

chocolatechic said...

They are beautiful.

The bottoms of some of mine got dark too.

Tia said...

how beautiful! what a creative and fun post.

alvarosa said...

oh wow, they look sososo good, really!

(ps.: thanks for your many comments, and your tips and hints like reducing butter due to the fat difference between the states and europe!!)

Hindy said...

Gorgeorus, Natalia! And you piped the meringue. Great idea.
I'm jealous of all those different shaped muffin cups.

Heather said...

Love it! They look beautiful.

Cindy said...

Beautiful--they were delish!

Leslie said...

What, your cat thinks it's invisible? Mine too!

Your brownies win the prize for the most attractive, best save of this week's recipe. I LOVE the hearts, and I didn't see the advice to add the meringue later. Oh well, live and learn!

Marthe said...

This certainly was a challenge!! But your brownies turned out lovely! Glad you liked them!

Cakelaw said...

Good on you for taking all those tips and ending up with nice brownies. Your little brownies are so cute - well done!

Dewi said...

A truly unique brownie Natalia. Also looks very pretty!

Liz said...

Lovely job! I love your little heart-shaped cakes.

Jennifer said...

Your brownies are just GORGEOUS! Nicely done, Natalia!!!!

Ivy said...

I could swear I saw this post of yours in Italian but can't find it any more. The brownies look wonderful.

Jacque said...

Oooh, nice! Those really look fantstic with the swirly meringue sitting on top of the pretty hearts. Glad you liked them.

Kayte said...

These look so great! You are so very creative with things...just beautifully done. Thanks for the tips. I may need to go back in and try them again when I calm down about it all...mine fell apart from pan to plate, were not done in the middle, and the meringue caved in...but the guys ate them anyway.

Mimi said...

I like all of the changes you made. I will make notes so that when I make tham again, I will remember.
Mimi

Anna said...

wow delicious!!! ciao Anna

Anonymous said...

Your brownies are very cute! It looks like you were successful with this recipe, and I hope you enjoyed them.

Mary said...

Your brownies look so wonderful! I didn't make them, but I am regretting it now!

Unknown said...

Your did a wonderful job on those brownies. They look perfect!

Engineer Baker said...

Lucky you, taking advantage of all of those tips and tricks! Makes me wish I hadn't had to make mine so far in advance - yours look wonderful!