Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Cake Slice : Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting and some Forgotten Posts


Here is the last cake I made for The Cake Slice I'm always in search for banana cakes or breads or wahtever can help with my secret banana's freezer drawer and this was a good one it looks much more festive than my usual breads and it tastes wonderfully moist .
I must confess I didn't use the recipe's chocolate frosting because I really can't get myself to like the butter/confectioner's sugar frosting and tried a milk chocolate ganache from a famous italian pastry chef : Maurizio Santin.


If you wish to try this delicious cake here you can find the original recipe from Southern Cakes Nancie McDermott.
And if you want to try the ganache here is the recipe:

Bring to a boil 200 gr of heavy cream with 20 gr corn syrup. Add 210 gr milk chocolate and mix, add 70 gr butter mixing until smooth.
I let the ganache cool and then filled and frosted the cake.
Please visit the blog for more bananas cakes and please welcome my more than late last two months cakes !!


Pinepple upside down



Mississippi Mud Cake

15 comments:

Joanne said...

These cakes are beautiful! I love a good banana cake...I'm usually a cream cheese frosting person with it but chocolate sounds just as good.

Pamela said...

All of these cakes looks lovely! And the thought of milk chocolate ganache has me feeling weak! :o)

Julie said...

Your cakes look delicious! I love banana cake or bread. Add chocolate frosting, even better!

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness....these cakes look fantastic! I love the combo of bananas and chocolate!

Leslie said...

Each one of those cakes looks amazing! I totally agree with you on the confectioner's sugar in frosting or glaze recipes...I can't stand the taste. Milk chocolate ganache is a great solution!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

wow--look at all of those cakes! the ganache was a wonderful idea for the banana cake. and i have tons of bananas hidden away in my freezer, too!

Katie said...

All your cakes look yummy. Love the idea of doing the ganache style chocolate frosting for the banana cake, delicious.

Jo said...

Gorgeous end result with the banana cake. I too didn't use the original choc frosting.

symphonious sweets said...

Swapping ganache for the chocolate frosting sounds like a good idea! your cake looks yummy!

Federica Simoni said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..da leccarsi i baffi!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Oh these cakes are absolutely delicious babes and love evry one of them ..
Am a milk chocolate lover too and love the Chocolate topping too...

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Looks like you found a delicious recipe for your banana cake craving.I'd love a slice right now.

Future Grown-Up said...

wow...these all look so wonderful! My favorite had to be the banana cake but you make the other ones look just as good.

Monica H said...

3 cakes in one. woo hoo!

Glad you got caught up :-)

2friends cooking said...

mmmm! can't wait to try! ciao Ren