- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces English toffee candy (recommended: Heath or Skor bar), finely chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the toffee, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1-inch apart (do not flatten dough). Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. (The cookies can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)