Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BBA Catching up the Slow and Steady Group !

As you might know the BBA group is baking as a train (?) that is gone so far I cannot even see it anymore, so I didn't want to loose my 'Slow and Steady' group even if that meant baking in the worst heat wave we are having this summer !!!

Starting with the Brioche here I chose the Poor man's one


and having enjoied so much the Dorie's version I made with it another fruit tart !!


Then follows the Casatiello which ended up in a colomba mold


But no matter where I put it was really delicious !! I used Prosciutto and Provolone btw


We are still in the enriched section with the Challah


That I just had for breakfast with some orange marmalade !


And last but not in the least the least.... Ciabatta


Which I tried to shape in the two ways suggested in Crust and Crumb


But apart from the shape both came out with smallish HOLES !


And I forgot to mention that all my baking has been done thanks to Calcifer my sourdough starter !!


10 comments:

BICE said...

Ciao Natalia,
ma quante cose!!!
con questo caldo!!!
quando rinfresca voglio farlo anche io il casatiello, quello con la ricetta originale napoletana, però con il lievito madre.
La prossima settimana ricomincio a nutrirlo.....
un bacio.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Everything looks so scrumptious! I'd love to bake, but it's far too hot at the moment!

Cheers,

Rosa

Leslie said...

Look at all that beautiful bread! You made me wistful for each of them (except the torment that was the ciabatta). And YOUR ciabatta looks wonderful!

Pinch My Salt said...

Ciao Natalia! Your breads are looking wonderful!

The Blonde Duck said...

With all your glorious baking, you've never had biscuits? Be still my heart!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Ciao Natalia, WOW what an array of spectacular breads!! Gosh yes, it must hot for you baking, I know it's hot here in the U.K. but nothing like the temps you have.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks amazing, Natalia! I don't know how you've been cooking with this heat! Lilah has been asking for cupcakes, but I told her we have to wait until it is only 25° or less!

pinkstripes said...

You are catching up! All the bread looks wonderful. You're making me miss it!

Bungalow Barbara said...

What lovely breads!

"Calcifer" -- what a great name! It's from Howl's Moving Castle, right? Great book (I love all her books), great animated movie too (I love all his movies).

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Wow, you have been a busy baker! Those all look terrific!