Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TWD : Chocolate Chunk Muffins and trying to catch up


Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles chose Chocolate Chunk Muffins this week and certainly I'm not entitled to tell you why these are muffins and not cupcakes but from my experience they are great to bring out a smile from anyone.
I brought Them at the last wu-shu class of my childen and were a success.
I doubled the amount of chocolate, melted and in chunks, and followed the recipe otherwise. Please visit Bridget for the recipe and the TWD site for more muffins.

Now I must apologize with you my TWDers friends for being so bad in posting lately I wasn't so busy not to bake but didn't blog about it.
Let me introduce to you the main cause of my work overload, a Pontifical Zuave (1865) which is a strange thing to work on in this year where we italians celebrate the 150 anniversary of our Country due to the defeat of the Pontificial State.


And for the sweet part here we go with the past week's baking, Please visit the hosts for the recipes.
Spike of Spike Bakes chose Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies I made them with dried cherries instead of raisins and made them a them 1 inch in diameter knowing they would spread. Yummy ! Especially for Anita.


Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet chose Date-Nut Loaf and was this loaf super delicious ! I really wish I had some now but ....


Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes chose Chocolate Biscotti which I baked along with the next recipe for a kid's party and were gone quite SUBITO !


Cindy of Everyday Insanity chose Blueberry-Brown Sugar Plain Cake I used a frozen berry mix and these babies where a joy to eat.


Peggy from Peggy the Baker chose Caramel Pots de Creme, I had never thought of mixing the caramel in the cream as we usually just pour it in the mold; the results were very greedily welcomed.


Patricia from Life With a Whisk chose Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones even if so many days have passed I remember how I liked the nice crunch they had.



9 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great post of all that you have baked. Nice job!!

Nicole said...

Wow, so much baking! I think the muffins were great. Not too sweert but just right with friut preserves.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Amazing post! So many yummy things! :)

Cindy said...

What a yummy looking spread. Dorie just has too many great recipes. Thanks for baking along with me last month. The blueberry brown sugar plain cake was yummy. I think my favorite from your post was the Date Nut Loaf. Wow! That was excellent. Have a happy day!

Valerie Gamine said...

Ciao Natalia!
All your TWD desserts look delicious.

It's ok to take a break from blogging now and then. :)

Anonymous said...

You have been busy baking! Everything looks wonderful!

alvarosa said...

What a catch-up! I've just fallen in love with your date-nut loafs, they are just per-fect!

Sofa cleaning said...

WoW! You have done awesome job! You have create so many and interesting things! And really delicious I bet!

Beth said...

Everything looks so great, but I'd be partial to the scones. I do love homemade scones!