Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TWD : Coconut Spice Tea Cake in italiano a seguire



Carmen of Carmen Cooks singled out Coconut Tea Cake for us to bake, the recipe has many possible variations from which I chose the Spice (szechuan pepper) in my case.
The cake is very nice I didn't really taste the spice but could savour the rum.

If you want to try this cake the recipe is here and you can visit my fellow bakers for more posts

Italiano

Questa settimana la ricetta è stata scelta da Carmen nel libro la ricetta ha molte variazioni e io ho scelto di provare con il pepe di Szechuan. A dire il vero forse dovrei aumentarne la dose perchè non l'ho sentito però il dolce è molto gradevole.

Ricetta

Preriscaldare il forno a 180°. Setacciare 220 gr di farina con un pizzico di sale e 1 cucchiaino di lievito per torte. Scaldare in un pentolino 250 ml di latte di cocco con 57 gr di burro (io ci ho aggiunto il pepe di szechuan) fare sciogliere il burro e tenere in caldo.
Lavorare 4 uova fino al raddoppio e aggiungerci 450 gr di zucchero (io ne ho messi 300) . Aggiungere alle uova un cucchiaino di estratto di vaniglia e due cucchiai di rum e la farina. Aggiungere il cocco e alla fine il latte di cocco. Versare nella teglia e infornare per circa un'ora.


23 comments:

Nickki said...

It looks delicious!

Jennifer said...

Your tea cake is GORGEOUS! I love the rose shape!

Julie said...

What a beautiful cake!

Federica Simoni said...

bellissimo e goloso! baci!

Mary said...

Beautiful cake!! I used cardamom but I couldn't really taste it either. I still loved it though!

Laura said...

Bellissima! Lo stampo e' delizioso.

Dewi said...

Very very pretty cake!

Rachel said...

How pretty! Great job on your cake!

Tia said...

looks good! nice job this week. i like your bund pan. you must have greased that to death to get it come out perfectly like yours did.

Flourchild said...

Very pretty bread! It looks so yummy!

Barbara said...

Semplicemente splendida! Io adoro il cocco! La proverò senza dubbio! GRAZIE!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful cake, Natalia! I love your bundt pan!

miss kate said...

I NEED that pan in my life! Your cake is so invitingly lovely. I want to hug it!

Cathy said...

Love that you picked the spicy variation, Natalia! Your cake looks beautiful, and I adore your pan!

Susan said...

I love your pan! Your variation sounds delicious.

Ashley aka Eclectic Connoisseur said...

Your cake is grogeous! I have to get a pan like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow - your cake is gorgeous!! Thanks for baking with me this week. :)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

glad to see a spice variation. I'm making mine on sunday for Easter. lovely cake!

Lillian said...

That is stunningly beautiful.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

so pretty!

Marthe said...

Wow Natalia, your flower-cake looks absolutely perfect! It's almost a shame to eat it!!

Pamela said...

Your cake is stunning! Truly lovely.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Forget mine! I want yours!